Ten random things about me:
01. I enjoy ballroom dance.
02. I did an unpaid IT internship after my junior year of high school.
03. I do not know how I could live without music.
04. I am obsessed with musical theatre.
05. I get dehydrated easily.
06. I am messy — apparently that’s why I’m a “liberal arts” major.
07. I, in fact, am still confused about my major.
08. I have always had a thing for imagining fictional characters were real.
09. I grew my hair out to my waist, then cut off 14 inches and donated them to Locks of Love.
10. I saw Rent when I was 15 and rushed for $20 front-row, center seats.
Nine ways to win my heart:
01. faith in God
02. an open mind — judgement from a liberal is just as disappointing as judgement from a conservative
03. a sense of humor, but knowing when to be serious
04. surprise me with the little things — I’d like to think I don’t ask for much
05. song, dance, poetry — it’s the effort that counts
06. take me to see a musical … in New York? (okay, so that last part is a stretch)
07. respect the boundaries I’ve set for myself (yes, this should be higher, but I’m lazy, too)
08. cook me dinner
09. learn to dance/take me dancing
Eight things I wanna do before I die:
01. tour Europe – especially eastern Europe
02. have a happy, God-centered marriage & family (those 2.07-ish kids are included, because, according to my friends, I am “such a mom”)
03. knit a sweater
04. live on my own … I mean … really on my own
05. resolve my political-religous contradictions
06. go to the Olympics
07. write a novel
08. go to a baseball game in every professional stadium in North America. The whole world if I’m feeling particularly ambitious.
Seven things that annoy me:
01. people who mimic me
02. boys who don’t clearly state whether or not they like me if they do (I think you only prolong the agony when you don’t tell me)
03. boys who hurt my sister/offer her drugs (grr.)
04. people who don’t enjoy hand-knit gifts … yeah … off the list
05. closed-minded people who think they know everything the world has to offer
06. people who self-deprecate for attention and compliments (I know I’m guilty of this at times)
07. people who do nothing and get everything (people who get all the lucky breaks are annoying, but I’m sure I’ve gotten them too; I’m trying to be reasonable?)
Six things I wish for:
01. to be able to speak up for myself
02. to travel around the world
03. to have a job that pays well and that I love
04. to be healthy and content
05. to let God have full reign in my life — to not be afraid of expressing my faith
06. to do things in a timely manner so I don’t stress out as much
Five things I’m afraid of:
02. not giving myself enough respect/not having integrity
04. alienating people
05. settling for situations in which I’m uncomfortable or unhappy
Four of my favorite songs:
01. Brad Wolfe and the Moon – “Caroline”
02. Jeff Buckley – “Hallelujah”
03. James Taylor – “Fire And Rain”
04. Nick Drake – “Which Will”
Three things I do everyday:
01. get dressed
02. eat lunch
03. press snooze
Two things I do everyday: (this looks … oddly familiar)
One person I want to see right now:
01. Jeremiah … because he’s in Djibouti (Africa) right now with the Marine Corps, and if I could see him right now, it would mean that he’d be home safe …
1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different descriptions of their perfect lover.
2. He/she needs to mention the sex/gender of their perfect lover.
3. He/she must tag 8 more people to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
4. If tagged a second time, there’s no need to post again.
The perfect lover: Male. Caring. God-centered. Silly. Good posture. Bright smile. Brighter heart. Willing to take risks. Perfect friend.
anyone else can play if they’re feeling so inclined (read: bored). 🙂